This is a delicious, mouth-watering recipe for a butternut squash ravioli with a butter and sage sauce. The pasta dough will be so perfect that your family will think their Italian grandmother stopped by!
Butternut squash ravioli recipe
Pasta Dough6 eggs
3 cups whole-wheat flour
Filling for Ravioli2 lbs butternut squash1 tablespoon of butter, melted A tablespoon of maple syrup,pure if possible
1 orange; zested 1 cup cream cheese ⅓ cup parmesan cheese¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon Pinch of nutmeg
Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
Sauce For Entire Dish5 tablespoons of butter, real butter 1 cup of sage leaves, torn and crumbled2 tablespoons of brown sugar
How To Make The Dough
Mix the eggs and flour together in a food processor, using a stand alone mixer orby hand with a fork.If using a processor or mixer the dough will be one large ball chasing itself around the bowl when it is done.If the ball of dough is even slightly sticky when you take it out then pat it with flour. Wrap it in plastic wrap and let it rest for at least 20 – 30 minutes on the counter. The dough will then have to be rolled out by hand using a rolling pin or by using a pasta machine.
If you choose to roll out your own dough, keep in mind that it will be sticky. To prevent the dough from sticking to the rolling pin and the counter, sprinkle flour on the dough as necessary.
The Butternut Squash Filling
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Cut the squash and remove seeds. Put the cut side down on a greased baking sheet (or sheet covered with parchment paper).
Roast the squash in the oven until tender when pierced with a fork. For smaller squash it could take 30 – 40 minutes. For larger squash it could take up to an hour.
When squash is done clean out all of the actually vegetable and put it in a large bowl. You do not need the skin so just toss it in the trash. Add all other filling ingredients in the bowl with the squash . Make sure you stir everything until well blended.When you are ready to make the raviolis, make your dough. Lay the finished dough out in sheets and by the spoonful add the ravioli filling. You can brush the dough in-between the filling with either warm water or some egg wash (egg with a touch of water) to help the two pieces stick together.
You can make the filling the night before and keep it in the fridge of the day of use. Also, you can freeze leftover ravioli by placing on a piece of parchment paper in a tupperware container. Just make sure that the ravioli are not touching so they do not freeze together. No need to defrost . Just throw them in boiling water for four or five minutes.
Turn a burner on medium and grab an 9 inch saute pan. Melt the butter. Once fully melted, add in the sage and the brown sugar. Toss until the sage and brown sugar are melted and blended.
Serve on top of the ravioli. Bon Appetite!
Chicken recipes have been a delicacy over the years in many households. They remain to be the most sought after meals in restaurants and hotels. However it can be boring to have the same meal over and over again. If you have been preparing the same grilled chicken recipes time and again, you might as well try to prepare a different one this time round. This will make your dish more appetizing and it will taste like another meal all together. Here is an easy chicken recipe that you can cook easily at home for your family and friends or even yourself,
Lemon Grilled Chicken Recipes
2 tablespoons canola or olive oil
1 garlic clove, ensure it is crushed
1 medium sized lemon
1 tablespoon of fresh parsley, chopped
¼ tablespoon dried marjoram
¼ tablespoon dried thyme
¼ tablespoon salt
¼ tablespoon of salt
4 (1 ¼ ) skinless boneless breasts
Use a vegetable peeler to remove several strips or peel out the lemon. Use a sharp knife to cut the strips to thinner pieces; reserve. Squeeze the lemon juice into a large bowl and grate the remaining peels to make 1 tablespoon of zest.
Use the large bowl with the lemon juice to mix the oil, thyme, garlic, marjoram, parsley and salt and pepper. You can now add your chicken breasts and spoon the marinade until the chicken is well coated. After that cover and chill you chicken for 30 minutes to overnight depending on your urgency.
Cooking the chicken
It is now time to start preparing your grill. Ensure that your grill is totally clean. These will eliminate all the germs and infections. Heat up the grill, boiler or griddle for that matter to medium heat.
Once your grill is ready it is now time to start cooking. Place the chicken on the grill and remember to reserve the marinade. Cook your chicken for about ten (10), minutes, ensure all the sides are cooked. During the cooking ensure you brush your chicken with the marinade for 2 or 3 times at intervals of several minute. This will strengthen the flavor. Do not forget to sprinkle the reserved lemon strips over the chicken as garnish.
Once you chicken is well cooked you can serve it and enjoy the meal with your friends and family for dinner or any other meal.
If you have been looking for a chicken recipe that enables you watch your fats or even a diet for a medical condition then the lemon grilled chicken is your perfect choice. The best thing about it is that you can prepare it easily at home hence no need to go eat out where you are not sure of the hygiene standards.
If you have been looking for a surprise meal for your family, then this is the perfect recipe that will leave your family wanting some more. Serving chicken can as well be fun when you are to prepare it as a group as it will involve every one and you will end up having fun and a delicious meal all together.
Ground Beef Shepherd’s Pie – One Of The Interesting & Inventive Ground Beef Recipes
Dishes such as hamburgers, meatballs, meatloaf, and meat pies come to mind whenever “ground beef” is mentioned. It is not surprising that in most markets in the United States, ground beef is the largest-selling beef item. Unlike full beef cuts, ground beef has been regarded as a meat-stretcher for a long time, and it is easier on the wallet. Probably for this reason, you can use this finely chopped meat in some interesting ground beef recipes, such as Shepherd’s Pie.
Shepherd’s Pie Recipe
With this potato-topped ground beef shepherd’s pie recipe, the mashed potato crust will absorb the extra flavor from the cheese and carrots. Since you are supposed to use frozen mashed potatoes for this recipe, you can take a shortcut when preparing the crust.
1 bay leaf
1 can of stewed tomatoes (14 1/2-oz.)
1 cup chopped onion
1 cup thawed frozen peas
1 minced garlic clove
1 1/2 pounds ground round
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
4 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
Cheese-and-Carrot Mashed Potatoes
Sliced mushrooms from 1/2 package (8-oz.)
1. Remove fat from ground beef by browning it over medium-high heat in a large nonstick skillet and for 10 minutes, keep stirring the ground beef until it crumbles and is not pink anymore. Use a slotted spoon to remove ground beef from skillet, but leave 2 tablespoons of drippings in the skillet. Lower the heat to medium.
2. Sauté garlic, mushrooms, and onions in over medium heat in hot drippings for 10 to 11 minutes or at least until they are tender. Add in the beef bouillon granule, dried thyme, freshly ground pepper, ground beef and peas, and stir them. Sprinkle flour over the mixture. Cook the mixture at medium-high heat for about 1 minute, while stirring constantly. Stir in bay leaf, tomatoes and vinegar, and use a spoon to break up the large pieces of tomato. Cook the mixture at medium heat and keep stirring for at least 3 minutes or until the mixture is a bit thickened. Remove bay leaf and transfer mixture to a baking 3-quarter baking dish or pan that is lightly greased. Use a spoon to spread Cheese-and-Carrot Mashed Potatoes evenly over the cooked ground meat mixture, and use the back of the spoon to smooth it.
3. Bake the pie for 15 minutes at 400 or until it is thoroughly heated. Wait for 5 minutes to let the pie stand before you serve it.
Note: If you want to make this Shepherd’s pie ahead, just follow the preparation instructions up to Step 2. You can freeze this Shepherd’s pie up to 1 month by covering it tightly with aluminum. Whenever you feel like eating the frozen pie, first thaw it in the refrigerator. Bake the pie for 40 minutes at 400 or until thoroughly heated. To prevent your Shepherd’s pie from getting excessively browned, make sure you use aluminum foil to shield it after 25 minutes.
The cook time for this ground beef recipe is 40 minutes, while it will take you 15 minutes to prepare it and you should let the finished Shepherd’s pie stand for 5 minutes. The ground beef itself and the mashed potato topping is what makes this one of the interesting ground beef recipes.
Searching for good Ground beef recipes? Better check out on Internet. It is the best source or perfect database having a collection of recopies of ground beef. It is just required to put a little effort and search for better sites. Afterwards one could prepare the item based on the given direction. Ground beef recipes have a lot of benefits. It is good for health , provides energy and strength. So it should be included in the daily diet.
Ground beef is somehow versatile. The grass fed and organic ground beef are easily available. One can choose to add a substitute called ground turkey included in every recipe. It proves to be very nutritious for health.
One of the best Ground beef recipes - Easy Spaghetti Casserole
Basically, it requires a Preparation Time of 15 to 20 minutes
It generally requires a Bake Time of 20 to 25 minutes
Yield: 8 servings
This is considered to be one of the quickest and easiest dinner recipes. Its taste is quite good and can be prepared within minutes and that too with minimum effort.
Ingredients included in the recipe
lean ground beef of about 1 pound.
olive oil of about 1 tablespoon
1 clove garlic which must be peeled and cut into slices
1/2 cup chopped onion
2 cups of tomato based spaghetti sauce
A can full of cream of mushroom soup
4 cups cooked spaghetti
2 tablespoons of grated or shredded Parmesan cheese
A cup of sharp shredded Cheddar cheese.
The first step in preparing the dish is to collect all the required ingredients. Then, preheat the oven up to a temperature of 400F. Keep a large skillet and add required amount of olive oil. The ground beef is crumbled and then afterwards add some garlic and onion. The beef is broken up and then the content is stirred until the beef turns brown. Heat it for about 5 minutes. The container is then removed from the heat and the cooked beef is placed in a mixing bowl. The mushroom soup is added along with a 1/2 cup of Cheddar cheese, cooked spaghetti, spaghetti sauce, and 1/2 cup water and stir it until it gets mixed up. The spaghetti mixture is transferred into a baking dish preferably made up of ceramic and needs to be spread evenly. Sprinkle some Parmesan cheese and Cheddar cheese. Afterwards bake it for 20 to 25 minutes till the casserole gets bubbles and the cheese is melted. Now the dish Spaghetti Casserole is ready.
This is a dish that can be prepared very quickly and it does not even require much effort. The ingredients of the dish are easily available in the pantries. It is a simple recipe of ground beef that can be sometimes made as dinner.
One should not worry about all the calories present in Lasagna rather should enjoy the recipe well. You will never find the difference in this healthier and tastier version which includes ground turkey.
One of the best butternut squash recipes is here…
Ingredients & Quantity
1) Vegetable oil 2 tbsp
2) Diced white onion One, large
3) Minced cloves garlicFour
4) Lean ground turkey 1 (20 oz) package
5) Crushed tomatoes1 (28 oz) can
6) Tomato paste3 (6 oz) cans
7) Water 1 cup
8) Dried basil 1 tbsp
9) Fennel seeds 1 tsp
10) Italian seasoning 1 teaspoon
11) Pepper ¼ tsp
12) Chopped fresh parsley ¼ cup and 2 tbsp
13) Peeled and cubed butternut squash 3 cups
14) Fresh spinach (not frozen)1 (10 oz) package
15) Fat-free ricotta cheese 1 (15 oz) container
16) Large egg One
17) Lengthwise sliced zucchini Two
18) Shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese1 (6 oz) package
19) Instant lasagna noodles – Nine
· Preheat the oven up to 375 degrees.
· Then heat the vegetable oil in a big vessel over medium heat. Then cook the garlic and onion in that hot oil for 5-7 minutes. Add the turkey into that vessel which is already broken into small pieces. Cook it until it’s completely browned.
· Then add the following things to the turkey mixture and mix them well. They are- water, basil, tomato paste, crushed tomatoes, Italian seasoning, fennel seeds, parsley, black pepper. Lower the heat medium-low to simmer. Stir it occasionally for about 60- 90 minutes. Stir it till the reaches a desired texture.
· While doing it, cook the butternut squash in microwave. A large, microwave-proof bowl covered with a plastic wrap. Cook it on High for around 5 minutes. Keep it aside.
· Cook and stir the spinach in a large vessel over medium heat. Cook it for about 5 minutes and set aside.
· Mix together the egg, ricotta cheese, 2 tablespoons parsley, around 2/3 of the mozzarella cheese and ¼ tablespoon black pepper in a large bowl and set aside
· Pour 1 cup of the sauce into the bottom of a 9*13 inch baking dish. Arrange 3 of those lasagna noodles in a layer over the sauce.
· Over the noodles, spread a layer of the 1 cup of ricotta cheese mixture.
· Then lay half of the butternut squash, wilted spinach and zucchini slices one over the other. Repeat those layers.
· Use the remaining 3 lasagna noodles for finishing layers and spread the rest ricotta cheese mixture on the top. Finish it with any sauce mixture that remaining.
· Cover it with aluminum foil and bake for thirty minutes.
· Remove the foil and sprinkle the remaining mozzarella and bake uncovered for another 30 minutes till its top turns golden brown.
· Allow the lasagna to rest for 15 minutes after removing it from the oven. Cut and serve it.
Grilled chicken is one of the popular dishes in many restaurants. This is because it gives one the opportunity to pick the piece they so desire. Many people have even resulted to preparing it in their homes. It is much fun and lovely to prepare it. However, getting all the pieces perfectly grilled can prove to be a daunting task. The secret behind the perfection of the art is deciding on the desired flavor and getting the right ingredients. A good understanding of the process will also be crucial.
There are different types of grilled chicken and each has its preparation. Let’s focus our attention on the preparation of Grilled Chicken Salad with Raspberry-Tarragon Dressing. This one of the favorite grills among many individuals and has very unique Grilled chicken recipes.
Simple among Grilled Chicken Recipes
· The raspberry-tarragon dressing
· Adequate vegetable cooking spray
· 4 chicken breasts-about 1 ¼ lb. (Skinned and boned)
· A fennel bulb which has been cut in half
· 2 heads Bibb lettuce, tom
· ¼ cup of chopped green onions
· thinly sliced English cucumber
· peeled and sliced cantaloupe
· 1 cup of ripe and fresh blackberries
· 4 ounces of crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
· cup sliced almonds which are honey roasted
You first pour a cup of the Raspberry-tarragon dressing in a large clean zip-top plastic freezer bag. The remaining dressing should be covered and refrigerated for later use.
Add the chicken to the dressing already in the bag. Seal the bag with the contents and chill for 30 minutes to 2 hours. Coat the cold grate of grill with cooking spray and place it on the grill. Preheat the grill to a temperature of between 3500 to 400 (medium-high) heats. Remove the chicken from the marinade, and discard the marinade. Grill the chicken and the fennel bulb halves when covered with a grill lid for a period of 8 to 10 minutes on each side. This is done till the chicken is done or the fennel is tender. Let the chicken stand for 5 to 10 minutes.
In the meantime, divide the lettuce and the other ingredients among 4 plates. Thinly slice your chicken and fennel and place on salads. Drizzle with the remaining raspberry dressing; top with cheese, berries and almonds. The Grilled chicken will be ready to serve and is best served when hot to maintain is captivating taste.
This is a recipe that will see you prepare the tastiest grilled chicken salad with raspberry-tarragon dressing. It will be a dream come true after preparing the first piece and it turns out to be your best ever.